Cat undercarriage systems are built to wear longer and cost less to operate. Our Custom Track Service (CTS) program will help you reach these goals. Using diagnostic equipment, we monitor performance and predict wear rates. With this data, we can help you plan maintenance and evaluate your most economical repair options. Armed with this information, you can schedule service rather than deal with costly unscheduled downtime.
Custom Track Service
Enhances built-in value. Caterpillar builds value and durability into every undercarriage system, balancing critical factors like raw materials, heat treat processes, and the amount of wear material. Because Caterpillar has control over these processes, Cat undercarriage components wear at a predictable rate and can be managed as a system. We'll help you take full advantage of this built-in value with expert system management and planning assistance.
Provides Fast, Accurate Analysis
To make good undercarriage maintenance and repair decisions, you need accurate information in a timely manner. Using the Ultrasonic Wear Indicator, we can accurately determine the condition of your undercarriage system quickly, so you can get your machines back to work. We electronically download data from the Ultrasonic Wear Indicator into our computers, ensuring quick, accurate transfer of information. Then, using our computerized CTS program, we analyze the results and prepare cost-per-hour projections for a variety of service options.
Allows Informed Decisions
We use these CTS reports to make service recommendations. Together, we can decide on the course of action that best meets your equipment planning needs. By scheduling maintenance and avoiding unscheduled downtime, you can run your equipment more productively a greater percentage of the time.
Saves Time and Money
Custom Track Service helps you manage your undercarriage system and lower your costs by:
- Enhancing the built-in value of your undercarriage components.
- Reducing undercarriage inspection time.
- Providing quick, accurate analysis of undercarriage wear information.
- Allowing you to make informed decisions about maintenance.
- Scheduling service to meet your equipment planning needs.
Make Your Track Last
- Use the narrowest shoe possible.
- Minimize high operating speeds in nonproductive situations.
- Alternate turning direction.
- Adjust the track for correct tension in the working environment.
- Make daily visual inspections of the equipment.
- Keep the undercarriage clean of mud and debris.